BACD North East Regional Meeting - Sleep in Neurodisability
This virtual meeting will take place on Friday 4 December 2020. The provisional programme is as follows:
- Breathe-Easy: a pilot study to examine the acceptability and feasibility of a night-time postural management intervention (PMN-TI) to improve respiratory health of children with complex neuro-disability Dr Sarah Crombie, Expert Clinical Academic Physiotherapist and Research Fellow, Chailey Clinical Services, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT)
- Sleep and complex neurodisability: Lived experience and practical perspectives Dr Helen Leonard, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, Great North Children's Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tackling complex sleep behaviour difficulties in a community team for children with learning disabilities Dr Emily Thompson, Principal Clinical Psychologist, Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Sleep clinic Dr Desaline Joseph, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, Paedatric Neurosciences, Evelina London Children’s Healthcare, London
Sleep and Neurodisability - The Nuts and Bolts in clinical practice Dr Desaline Joseph, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, Paedatric Neurosciences, Evelina London Children’s Healthcare, London
- Setting up a local sleep service for children with neurodisability Dr Sally Hobson, Specialty Doctor in Community Paediatrics, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London
Who is this meeting aimed at?
- This meeting is aimed at all medical and non-medical practitioners working in, or with an interest in, childhood disability. All BACD members, and non-members, are invited to attend.
How do I book?
- All delegates must book via the online registration system below.
- This event is free for BACD members, but you must book in advance.
- 6 months BACD membership is included in the registration fee for non-members.
- CPD Credits: 4.5
- Delegates will be able to download a PDF of the CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing (via email).
- No refunds will be given for non-attendance or cancellations received after Friday 20 November 2020.
- Cancellations received prior to this date will be eligible for a full refund, minus card processing fees.
- Delegates may make arrangements for a substitute to attend in their place at any time with no cost incurred by contacting the BACD office.