BACD North East Regional Meeting - Sleep in Neurodisability
This virtual meeting will take place on Friday 4 December 2020 via Zoom.
Registration is now closed.
The link to join the meeting has been emailed to all participants to the email which was submitted during registration. If you have not yet received it please email [email protected] as soon as possible and before 9am on Friday 4 December.
The confirmed programme is as follows:
|09.20||Virtual Meeting opens|
|09.25||Welcome & Housekeeping|
Dr Morag Andrew, BACD North East Regional Representative
|09.30||Sleep and complex neurodisability: Lived experience and practical perspectives |
Dr Helen Leonard, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, Great North Children's Hospital, Newcastle Upon Tyne
|10.15||Breathe-Easy: a pilot study to examine the acceptability and feasibility of a novel night-time postural management intervention (PMN-TI) to improve respiratory health of children with complex neuro-disability |
Dr Sarah Crombie, Advanced Clinical Practitioner Physiotherapist, Chailey Clinical Services, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT)
|11.15||Setting up a local sleep service for children with neurodisability |
Dr Sally Hobson, Specialty Doctor in Community Paediatrics, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
|12.30||Tackling complex sleep behaviour difficulties in a community team for children with learning disabilities|
Dr Emily Thompson, Principal Clinical Psychologist, Cumbria, Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
|13.15||Sleep and Neurodisability - The Nuts and Bolts in clinical practice |
Dr Desaline Joseph, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, Paedatric Neurosciences, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, London
|14.00||Sleep clinic |
Dr Desaline Joseph
|14.30||Questions on both sessions by Dr Desaline Joseph|
After registration you will receive a link to register your name and preferred email with Zoom - you must click this link before Thursday 3 December. You will then receive an email with a link for Friday's meeting which is unique to you. We are using this 2-step process to ensure the meeting is as secure as possible.
Who is this meeting aimed at?
- This meeting is aimed at all medical and non-medical practitioners working in, or with an interest in, childhood disability. All BACD members, and non-members, are invited to attend.
How do I book?
- All delegates must book via the online registration system below by Wednesday 2 December.
- This event is free for BACD members, but you must book in advance.
- 6 months BACD membership is included in the registration fee for non-members.
- CPD Credits: 4.5
- Delegates will be able to download a PDF of the CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing (via email).
- No refunds will be given for non-attendance or cancellations received after Friday 20 November 2020.
- Cancellations received prior to this date will be eligible for a full refund, minus card processing fees.
- Delegates may make arrangements for a substitute to attend in their place at any time with no cost incurred by contacting the BACD office.