|13.55||Meeting opens and housekeeping|
|14.00||See It, Say It, Sorted! - Relationship and Sexual Health Education for children/young people with complex needs |
Mr David Stewart, Retired principal of Oakfield Special School
Relationship and Sex Education is a vital part of all children and young people’s education, no more so than for those with complex learning needs. Supporting pupils, families and professionals to provide effective education is key to its delivery. The session will explore the national context, the law, working with children and young people, working with families, staff training and resources.
|15.00||Bone Health in children/young people with complex needs |
Prof Nick Bishop, Professor of Bone Health, University of Sheffield
|16.00||Puberty in children/young people with complex needs|
Dr Fiona Straw, Consultant Paediatrician, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
|17.00||Close of meeting|
CPD = 3 credits. Delegates will be able to download a PDF of the CPD certificate following attendance at the course.
Who is this meeting aimed at?
This meeting is aimed at all medical and non-medical practitioners working in, or with an interest in, childhood disability. All BACD members, and non-members, are invited to attend.
How do I book?
- All delegates must book via the online registration system below by Monday 26 April 2021.
- This event is free for BACD members, but you must book in advance.
- 6 months BACD membership is included in the registration fee for non-members.
Delegates will receive an email with the Zoom link by Monday 26 April.
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing (via email to [email protected]).
- No refunds will be given for non-attendance or cancellations received after Wednesday 14 April 2021.
- Cancellations received prior to this date will be eligible for a full refund, minus card processing fees.