The 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting will focus on Physical Activity and Movement and will take place virtually via Zoom.
More information on the programme will be available shortly.
To register please scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Abstract Submission - deadline Midnight, Sunday 13 December 2020
BACD is calling for abstract submission to its Annual Scientific Meeting. There are two categories to submit to:
- Original research or quality improvement
- Novel multi-disciplinary working
Abstracts will be scored against the following criteria:
- Originality and novelty
- Evaluation results linked to conclusion
- Importance of findings and relevance to clinical practice and families with disabled children and young people
In addition, Novel multi-disciplinary working abstracts will also be scored against:
- Description of intervention
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- BACD will confirm with all those submitting an abstract if they have been selected for poster presentation by Friday 22 January 2021.
- If you are selected, you will be required to register for the ASM and submit a PDF of your poster along with a video presentation (10 minutes maximum) in advance of the ASM (instructions will be given). This will be used by the judges to determine the Mac Keith Best Poster Presentation Prize, and delegates will also be able to view.
- Undergraduate students and foundation doctors selected for poster presentation will receive free registration.
- The best poster presentation in the Novel Multi-Disciplinary Working category will be awarded the £250 Mac Keith Poster Prize.
If you have any questions regarding abstract submission or poster presentation, please email BACD. You can submit as many abstracts as you wish.
- Cancellations must be confirmed in writing (via email).
- No refunds will be given for non-attendance or cancellations received after Thursday 25 February 2021.
- Cancellations received prior to this date will be eligible for a full refund, minus card processing fees.
- Delegates may make arrangements for a substitute to attend in their place at any time with no cost incurred by contacting the BACD office.