The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) is now accepting applications to the 2021 national Clinical Excellence Awards competition. It will close to applications at 5pm on Thursday 18 March 2021.
Consultants and academic GPs working for the NHS in England and Wales can apply for new national awards and for renewals due in 2021. This includes those who were due to renew in 2020 and whose awards were extended by one year.
ACCEA wants to hear from applicants who have delivered patient or NHS system benefit that is ‘over and above’ their contracted activities, particularly where it has had a demonstrable national and international impact. ACCEA specifically encourages applications from female and BAME consultants, who are underrepresented as a proportion of total applicants but have similar success rates to male and white consultants when they apply.
Award holders will need to submit a renewal application if:
- they received their current award in the 2017 round
- their award was last renewed in 2016 (awarded in 2012, 2007, 2002)
- their award was due to be renewed in 2020 and was extended by one year
To apply to ACCEA
- Applicants should read the latest guidance before starting an application.
- All applications must be submitted via the official ACCEA online application system (you can draft your application using this offline application form). You MUST submit your application to ACCEA via the online system by 5pm, Thursday 18 March.
To apply for BACD support
As a recognised specialist society, BACD is able to provide citation support to accompany members' application. BACD is required to submit a ranking of candidates for each award category - therefore you must submit to BACD the following:
- Your ACCEA application form (using the offline form mentioned above)
- This contribution to BACD form
These two forms must be emailed to [email protected] by 5pm, Thursday 25 February.
If you are applying for BACD support, you must be a member of the BACD, and submit your application to ACCEA in advance of the final ACCEA deadline so that we can upload the citation of support before the online system closes.