BACD is looking for two Level 3 paediatric trainees to job share the role of the BACD Trainees’ Representative, commencing September 2021.
The key roles of the Trainees’ Representatives are as follows:
- Contribute to the agenda and workplan for BACD activities
- Represent the views of all trainees members to BACD and ensure their views are heard, and take relevant issues from trainees to BACD and from BACD to trainees for action
- Liaise with the Neurodisability CSAC Trainee Representative and The Neurodisability Community to ensure work streams are aligned and complementary
- Promote paediatric neurodisability, provide opportunities through social networking, and write articles for inclusion in the BACD Newsletter
- Organise the BACD Annual Trainees’ Meeting, usually held in November/December
- All applicants must be at Level 3 in their training on 1 September 2021 and have a minimum of 1 year of training remaining.
- The role is open to any level 3 trainee with an interest in neurodisability (please note that one of the two positions will be filled by a neurodisability grid trainee).
- Term of office is 2 years - successful applicants who finish their training during their term can remain in position for up to 6 months post CCT
- The Trainee Representatives are expected to attend the quarterly BACD executive committee meetings (currently virtual, but normally at RCPCH, London)
- Successful candidates are expected to join the BACD if they are not already a member
- In the event of multiple applications being received, an election of BACD trainee members will take place to select the two successful candidates
How to apply
Please email to Kelly Robinson a short CV (max 2 pages) and a brief personal statement outlining why you want to take on the role, your ideas for the role, and what you will bring to it, by 5pm, Friday 28 May 2021. In the event of an election taking place, the personal statement will be circulated to trainee members.
If you would like to speak with the current trainee representatives about the role, please email [email protected]