BACD is looking for two paediatric trainees to job share the role of the BACD Trainees’ Representative, commencing September 2021.
The key roles of the Trainees’ Representatives are as follows:
- Contribute to the agenda and workplan for BACD activities
- Represent the views of all trainees members to BACD and ensure their views are heard, and take relevant issues from trainees to BACD and from BACD to trainees for action
- Liaise with the Neurodisability CSAC Trainee Representative and The Neurodisability Community to ensure work streams are aligned and complementary
- Promote paediatric neurodisability training and provide opportunities through social networking and write articles for inclusion in the BACD Newsletter
- Organise the BACD Annual Trainees’ Meeting, usually held in November/December
- All applicants should be at ST6 or above - one of the Trainee Representative positions will be filled by a neurodisability grid trainee; the other position is open to any paediatric trainee with an interest in neurodisability
- The Trainee Representatives are expected to attend the quarterly BACD executive committee meetings (currently virtual, but normally at RCPCH, London)
- Term of office is 2 years - applicants should have a minimum of 1 year of training remaining; successful applicants who finish their grid training during their term can remain in position for up to 6 months post CCT
- Successful candidates are expected to join the BACD if they are not already a member
- In the event of multiple applications being received, an election of BACD trainee members will take place to select the two successful candidates
How to apply
Please email to Kelly Robinson a short CV (max 2 pages) and a brief personal statement outlining why you want to take on the role, your ideas for the role, and what you will bring to it, by 5pm, Friday 28 May 2021.
If you would like to speak with the current trainee representatives about the role, please email [email protected]