NICE: Rehabilitation for chronic neurological disorders (including traumatic brain injury) - draft scope consultation and recruitment to guideline committee
As a stakeholder in this consultation, BACD is invited to comment on the draft scope of this NICE guideline.
In order to provide an evidence-based response, please include citations where possible to support your comments.
NICE is particularly keen for the following areas to be addressed:
- NICE are uncertain about the appropriateness of including functional neurological disorders in the scope of the guideline. Please let us have your views, with a supporting rationale, on whether functional neurological disorders should be included or excluded from the scope of this guideline.
- Are there any cost saving interventions or examples of innovative approaches that should be considered for inclusion in this guideline?
Please return this form to [email protected] by 9am, Monday 28 June 2021. Responses received after this deadline will not be included in the BACD response to this consultation.
Guideline committee member recruitment
Being a GDG member is a demanding yet very rewarding role, which includes defining clinical questions, identifying and synthesising evidence, and formulating the guideline recommendations.
NICE is seeking to recruiting for a range of roles for people with knowledge or experience of rehabilitation for chronic neurological disorders. Someone who:
- Can advise on key issues and assist in drafting the scope of the guideline.
- Can give clinical advice to NGA staff in preparing draft protocols for consideration by the committee.
- Can assist the committee in understanding and discussing the evidence and agreeing recommendations.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can communicate complex issues to different audiences.
The deadline for applications is 12pm, Tuesday 6 July 2021.