BACD calls for applications to three trustee roles - deadline to apply 5pm, Friday 3 December 2021
BACD is calling for applications for the positions of
Vice-Chair The main role of the Vice-Chair is to assist the Chair where necessary in conducting the business of the Executive Committee and to maintain close contact with Executive Committee members to ensure completion of follow-up work between meetings.
Honorary Treasurer The main role of the Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the Academy’s financial status and to ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
Honorary Secretary The main role of the Secretary is to ensure the Academy fulfils its obligations of public benefit through its four pillars of workstreams.
Specific duties are as follows:
- Prepare and manage those Executive Committee agenda items which appear as Vice Chair’s business.
- Support the Chair representing the Academy with national bodies where required.
- Prepare and/or co-ordinate responses to policy consultation documents (e.g. Government green papers, proposed new legislation, guidelines, or policy documents of related disciplines.)
- Support the Chair in the development and management of strategic targets. Leads the Academy’s Advocacy work.
- Leads the Academy’s Membership Services in conjunction with the Administrator.
- Acts as line manager to the Administrator, monitoring their performance regularly and leading on the annual appraisal and performance management.
- Liaising with the Royal Colleges and other professional societies as appropriate.
- Liaising with the Chair to plan meetings, approving the minutes, and checking that agreed actions are carried out.
- Being assured that the financial resources of the Academy meet its present and future needs, and that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy.
- In conjunction with the Administrator, prepare and present the financial statements to the board.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the Academy.
- Ensure that the accounts are prepared in the form required by the relevant statutory bodies, are audited in accordance with the regulations, that any recommendations are acted on, and to approve the Financial Statements of the annual accounts on behalf of the charity.
- Make a formal presentation of the accounts at the Academy’s AGM.