BACD-RCPCH Polani Award
funded by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) and BACD, through the Paul Polani Fund, supports research and innovation in UK Paediatric Neurodisability. Research to build a robust evidence-base is essential to provide optimal services for Children and Young People with Disabilities and their families.
Up to £15,000 is available for clinically relevant research to build a robust evidence-base for Children and Young People with Disabilities and their families.
- The Paul Polani Research Award aims to enable a team to pilot, undertake, or complete a paediatric neurodisability original research project.
- Applicants who only plan to undertake systematic reviews will not be funded; research that includes a systematic review and other original research will be considered.
- BACD is a National Institute for Health Research non-commercial Partner. Polani projects that recruit through the NHS might be eligible for NIHR Portfolio project status. You should complete a SoECAT form if needed. Please discuss whether this is relevant to you with your Finance Team and CRN Team
- Applications are welcomed from health professionals or non-clinical applicants. The lead applicant will become a member of the British Academy of Childhood Disability if they are successful in their application
The deadline for applications is midday, Friday 4 February 2022
Please ensure that you:
- Discuss the project with your Research Design Service if you can
- Plan research that can be completed in 12-20 months
- Include all MDT professionals needed for the research in the team
- Have adequate PPI to inform your application and the research
- Write a clear research question, and describe your main aims and objectives clearly, and relate your outputs and impacts to these
- Clearly describe the costs of your project – for Finance Officers, these should be costed on a Charity Template, with no Full Economic Costs or overheads added. Investigator time can be funded where necessary
|Call for application opens||Monday 4 October 2021|
|Call for research applications closes||Midday, Friday 4 February 2022|
|Applicants receive feedback following peer review||Wednesday 16 February 2022|
|Shortlisted applicants provide response to feedback||Wednesday 2 March 2022|
|Shortlisted applicants invited to present to committee||Monday 7 March 2021|
|Decision of Awards Panel announced at |
BACD annual scientific meeting, and on social media
|Thursday 17 March 2021|