The 2020 national Clinical Excellence Awards competition will open on Friday 13 February and close at 5pm on Friday 7 May 2020.
The Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) will accept applications for new national awards from consultants and academic GPs working for the NHS in England and Wales and for renewed awards from those due to renew their award in 2020.
Award holders will need to submit a renewal application if:
- they received their current award in the 2016 round
- their award was last renewed in 2015 (awarded in 2011, 2006, 2001)
- In some cases, award holders will be renewing out of the usual cycle. Awards are reviewed earlier if there is a change in job or a significant change in job plan.
To apply for BACD support for a Gold, Silver or Bronze award, you must submit the following forms directly to BACD in addition to your main ACCEA application:
- Application Form
- Contribution to BACD (scroll down to download the form)
You may also submit one (bronze), two (silver) or all (gold) of the following supplementary forms:
Forms should be submitted to [email protected] by 5pm, Monday 13 April 2020.
*All applications to ACCEA, new or renewal, must be made via the online system. The ACCEA online system will close at 5pm, Friday 7 May 2020.
- Any member seeking BACD support is required to submit their own application via the ACCEA online system, as well as the above forms to BACD.
- This process is complex and should be begun as soon as possible to allow time to shape the best possible final application.
- If successful, the submission of citations by BACD in support of applications is a separate process and can only be done once draft online applications have been set up by the applicant.