- Model Job Description for Designated Medical Officer (DMO) for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) (England)
- Delivery of Special Educational Needs and Disability Reforms for Paediatric and Child Health Services: What will an excellent service look like?
- DMO/DCO Role: Opportunities and Responsibilities (Dr Karen Horridge presentation at Council for Disabled Children's Designated Medical / Clinical Officers networking summit, March 2015)
The following are free tools that can support paediatric disability clinics. Parents may want to compete these (or similar) in advance to focus their thoughts about what the issues are and what information may be needed. Professionals may want to encourage families to complete these (or similar) in advance of consultations, to ensure that consultation time is as efficient and effective as possible.
- Pre-School Background Information Sheet - for new patients of pre-school age
- School Age Background Information Sheet - for new patients of school age
- Health, Functioning and Wellbeing Summary (Traffic Lights) - for review patients
- 0-25 SEND Code of Practice: A guide for health professionals (updated 2016)
- Children with special educational and complex needs: guidance for health and wellbeing boards (2014)
- Implementation study: Integrated Review at 2-2½ Years - Integrating the Early Years Foundation Stage Progress Check and the Healthy Child Programme health and development review (2014)