The Community Services Data Set (CSDS) replaces the Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS) data set in November 2017, and includes the following key areas:
- Personal and demographic
- Social and personal circumstances
- Breastfeeding and nutrition
- Care event and screening activity
- Diagnoses, including long term conditions and childhood disabilities
- Scored assessments
To support the capture and flow of information about diagnoses, long term conditions and childhood disabilities, BACD encourages all paediatricians to:
- Make the managers, IT and data teams in their organisations aware that CSDS is live and that reporting the data is now mandated.;
- Encourage their NHS provider organisations to register with NHS Digital to set up the processes to allow data submission - contact NHS Digital support for information on how to register;
- Develop together with their IT and data teams an appropriate interface for data capture at the point of clinical care;
- Become familiar with the paediatric neurodisability outpatient diagnosis description subset (please note the Description ID is not the SNOMED CT code - on each term to see the SNOMED CT code). This is also presented in spreadsheet format (+snowmed CT codes);
- Check out the updated Explanatory Glossary of Terms (see files below) to support data capture, that now includes suggestions for outcomes and actions for Education, Health and Care planning as well as links to relevant national guidance where this is available. This has been developed in partnership with parent carers and allied health professionals.
If there are any questions about the CYPHS, please contact NHS Digital.
For more information, click on the following links: