Contacting the BACD Child Development Team Database and/or BACD members
BACD has mechanisms to support initiatives and activities that are in the interests of children with neurodisability, their families and clinicians.
Contact CDT database - cost £250 (if approved)
BACD has formed a database of the contact details of neurodisability leads for each child development team in the UK. Contact details include consultants name, telephone number, and postal and email address. This database is securely kept at the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health.
BACD uses the database as a resource that allows clinicians to undertake research, audit and activities to help us bring about improvements that are in the interests of children with neurodisability, their families and clinicians. The database is an important resource and is used sparingly. It is updated periodically and when we are advised of changes.
Applications to contact teams are reviewed by a subcommittee of the BACD executive committee. Informal advice regarding applications pre submission is available on request. Applications should be sent to Kelly Robinson at [email protected]
Feedback about whether an application has been successful will be given within one month of submission. Please note that clinicians are very busy, and have limited time available to complete requests which are very time consuming. Therefore requests which will take up more than 30 minutes of a clinicians time are unlikely to be successful.
- Materials sent to CDT database leads by email (includes one follow up/reminder emaill)
- Summary and web link included in monthly e-news to BACD members for an agreed time
- Newsletter (if dates fit) – expanded synopsis
- Posted on BACD Website
BACD considers the following as suitable for circulation to BACD Members and the CDT Database:
- Externally peer reviewed research funder funded projects relating to childhood disability
- Other research projects, or audits that are considered strategically important
- Projects relating to key policy interventions/recommendations, e.g. NCEPOD
BACD cannot guarantee that CDT leads/BACD members will participate in any study that is circulated.
Contact BACD Membership
- Available to BACD members only
- No cost
- One e-News (to include title of study and link only)
Please note that local audits, dissertation projects, etc. will not be circulated under any circumstances.